fixed npc animations and no-cd modifications

Shivers 2 - Harvest of Souls (Sierra)
Collector

Re: fixed npc animations and no-cd modifications

Post by Collector »

I didn't check the hashes, but assumed that he has modified them since they have the time stamp of when he did it. I had assumed that he had fixed some of the scripts. Otherwise, what would the point be of packing them in the MSI?
nighthalk

Post by nighthalk »

i double checked, that particular dll is EXACTLY the same between what is on my original disk and what the installer provides, so it is compatible with both. somehow he bumped his date stamps during the making of his installer.

i also went back and compared the rest of those dlls in the dll folder, none of them are modified from what i have on the disk.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Don't know if you are still paying attention to this, but I had someone test it out and she encountered a change CD prompt.

http://sierrahelp.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 395#p57477

Attached is her saved game.
Attachments
S2006.zip
(469 Bytes) Downloaded 2364 times
nighthalk

Post by nighthalk »

heh woops. the way it was programmed it was still going to ASK for the cd, and then ignore whatever happened and continue on anyway (it would have always moved on without disk). i however have fixed it to not even ask (attached). again theres no error handling for missing files anymore.
Attachments
26000fix2.rar
(70.24 KiB) Downloaded 2398 times
Collector

Post by Collector »

Based on how she described the problem and that you first patched 26000.dll seemed to at least let her progress after overwriting the original with your first patched version, I thought that this was the case. Thanks for the fix. Given that she was able to complete the game after this point, I will update the installer and add it to the installer page.

Perhaps you would like to take a look at merging RAMA. ;)
nighthalk

Post by nighthalk »

i dont own that game... so i may have to find a source heh. but il take a look.
Collector

Post by Collector »

I might be able to help with that. If you want to, it might be easier to use my forum. http://sierrahelp.com/forums/ I could give you access to the developers forum.
nighthalk

Post by nighthalk »

too late already finished it, i posted it under the rama board