Disc 3 Doesn't Work

Betrayal in Antara (Sierra)
Beak_Hookage

Disc 3 Doesn't Work

Post by Beak_Hookage »

First up, all praises to Squirt for writing the installation program! Antara was the first RPG I played, and got me hooked in the first place, and to this day I still want to play it. And, until I found this site, I couldn't.

Anyway, everything ran perfectly well (the shadows still turned fluro pink at night, not that I minded) up until the game asked me to insert disc 3. I did, but my computer wouldn't recognise it. The game just kept asking for it even thought it was already in the drive, and I couldn't access the disc via Windows either, as the computer itself didn't seem to recognise that there was anything there. The disc had a scratch on it so I had it repaired, but it still didn't work. So I ordered a new, completely undamaged disc from eBay. It arrived this afternoon, but even this copy of disc three doesn't work. This leads me to assume that the problem must be what's on the disc, rather than the disc itself.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Collector

Re: Disc 3 Doesn't Work

Post by Collector »

If you look at the I wonder if you might help me... thread, someone else was having he same issue on Vista. Something about Vista and Win7 does not seem to like this disc. The solution was to copy the contents on a non-Vista machine and burn a new copy of the disc. My Win 7 cannot read it, either, but I can with XP Mode.
Beak_Hookage

Post by Beak_Hookage »

Oops. Thanks a bunch! It's all fixed now.
rbush55

Post by rbush55 »

that was exactly it- Coulld not even open the disk in Windows7. I put disk 3 in my MAC- it could read the contents; I duplicated disk 3 on my Mac and now Windows 7 can "see" the contents of the duplicated Disk3 and the game plays on.