Invalid audio file format...

Lighthouse - The Dark Being (Sierra)
Pilgrim

Invalid audio file format...

Post by Pilgrim »

Hello,

First, thank you for your tips in order to run Lighthouse.
I'm running it with XP. Things sounds good since i can play until i meet Lyril character.

There, i got a an alertbox telling: "Invalid format audio file AOKOO100.011
Script #64928($fe6c3140+)"
each time i click on Lyril to speak to her. Then clicking "ok" button close the game and return to windows desktop...

To my mind it occurs when a character is going to to talk to you.

I met this crash earlier: while a voice was reading me a mail in the house at the beginning of the game. But i could ignore the mail since it didn't block me.

Did somebody meet this issue?

Thanks very much!
Collector

Re: Invalid audio file format...

Post by Collector »

Jafa has been busy lately and hasn't been able to get back to his installers lately. You can try experimenting with things like hardware acceleration. If this does not work and jafa is not able to get back soon enough for you, you can try this installer. It will make images of your discs so you will not have to keep swapping the CDs. Unfortunately you will not be able to use your current save games and would have to start over.
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

Hello,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I have installed DosBox then installed the game in it as it was a DOS program. However graphics and sound qualities were better when i was playing through Windows.

I have other old sierra adventure games so your web link seems very interesting for the future. It would be so great playing them again under windows!

:)

PS: i can help people, who have the CDs, interested in using Dosbox for Lighthouse.

Thanks again.
Collector

Post by Collector »

No need to manually setup Lighthouse in DOSBox. The installer that I linked to will install it in DOSBox. As far as the graphics, what did you select for the graphics driver? VESA should be nearly as good as the Win version. My installers not only properly configure the game to optimal settings, They also include all relevant patches and come with a simple DOSBox configuration utility for setting some of the most common preferences. And as i said, the Lighthouse installer will also make images of your discs so you will not have to keep swapping the CDs.
c_cool_la_vie

Post by c_cool_la_vie »

Hi,

I came to here because I had the exactly same problem :

Invalid audio file format while talking to Lirill, and while reading the letter in the lighthouse.

In fact, I solved the problem when I installed the english version of installer here :
http://www.squirtthecat.com/games/lighthouse/index.html

The problem came from the fact that I had the English CD but I had installed the french software.

I suggest you check you have the right language version for your CDs and for your installer. It worked for me !

Good luck